At Equiscript, we are excited to be a growing company. Our work matters. We improve the lives of our clients, patients, and employees. We are competent, empathetic, energetic, and just happen to be located in the # 1 city in the world. This means that we do a lot of hiring. Not as much as a company with 5,000 employees, but we are generally hiring for at least a couple of positions at any given time. We work hard to make sure that our hiring process is efficient and respectful of each candidate’s time. We follow up. We screen thoroughly. We make sure to treat all candidates well, so that they are engaged and excited whether or not they join our team.
As part of engaging with us, here are a few tips that will keep you, as a candidate, positioned as a strong possible team member.
- Be prepared for your interview. Be on time, and know about the position for which you are interviewing. This is actually part of a larger theme of “do some research”. We don’t expect you to understand everything we do, but our website is our company name with .com on the end, and the very first thing you see is a video in which people describe what we do, and it’s the perfect place to hear how to pronounce our name correctly. Top candidates will also read through Our Cause and Core Values. These principles are at the center of every decision we make.
- Be aware of timing. Your first interview will likely be a 30-minute phone interview. If the interviewer asks to know a little more about you, explain what you are doing now, and describe what interests you in your career. If you spend 10 of your 30 minutes telling us about being on your high school debate team (if it’s not relevant to the job, or the point you’re making), you may miss out on part of the conversation, and you probably have a lot of questions you’d like to ask, too.
- Send a thank you note. It can be a quick email saying, “It was nice meeting you, and I hope to move forward with Equiscript.” Email is fine; in fact, with email, you know it will get there in a timely manner.
- Be prepared with at least one question. If you work full-time, you spend at least one third of your day at work. Asking questions shows that you are really evaluating what this choice looks like for you.
- Show us some of your personality! This is especially important in an in-person interview. We have a team that works well together, which means we are looking for people we think will fit with, and add to, the team. This doesn’t mean wear your wacky socks. It means tell us a quick story, or tell us something you like to do, or are proud of.
At Equiscript, we believe in investing resources upfront to find the right members of our team. When we ask you to complete multiple steps in the interviewing process, it’s because each hiring decision has a great impact on the work our company does. Potential candidates, we look forward to getting to know you! If you have interviewed with Equiscript in the past, we would love to get your feedback on our hiring process. You can either comment below, or send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.